Visit us at our new location. We are now conveniently located next to the Florida Turnpike at 6067 Hollywood Boulevard, Suite 360, Hollywood, FL 33024
Client Login

Work Visas

At Sukkar & Associates, we guide you to determine that the nature of the position and your background are appropriate for the H1B, and suggest alternatives if the initial proposal is not a viable option. We work with both the employer and you regarding the H1B documentation requirements and legal issues. We also prepare you to submit your case to the Department of Labor, U.S. Embassy and USCIS. We also prepare the documents for your dependent family members.

Here is just a sample of the visas we can assist you in obtaining:

  H1B visa allows a foreign worker to enter the U.S. temporarily for the purpose of performing services in a �specialty occupation� for a U.S. employer. The H1B visa classification requires that (1) a foreign national be coming to the U.S. to work temporarily in a �specialty occupation�, (2) that the foreign national have the equivalent of at least a U.S. Bachelor's degree in a field related to that occupation; and (3) that the sponsoring company pay the foreign national the prevailing wage, provide proper notice to its work force, and not be involved in a strike or lockout.

•  H-3 visa is specifically designed to enable you to train in the U.S. in almost any discipline. USCIS calls this loose classification, 'any field of endeavor'. This includes agriculture, technology, communications and governmental leadership. This loose classification does not include people seeking graduate medical training.

  L-1 Intracompany executive/manager: The L-visa allows foreign nationals to legally live and work in the United States Travel in and out of the United States is allowed as long as your L-visa and status are valid Visas are also available for immediate family members (i.e., spouse and children). Spouses may work in the United States under special permission from the immigration service.

•  O-1 visa is for persons of extraordinary ability. The visa enables people with extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, athletics, motion picture or television industry to enter the U.S. for temporary periods of time. To be considered a person of extraordinary ability, you should be considered to be at the top of your field, and can only work in the US in that area of expertise.

•  P-1 visa is issued to certain entertainers, circus artists, and athletes who wish to work temporarily in the U.S. Outstanding athletes may apply for this visa in order to compete in the U.S. , either as individuals or as members of an internationally recognized athletic team. Entertainment groups with an outstanding international reputation can be granted P-1 classification as a unit; however individual entertainers within these groups cannot apply for P-1 visas to perform separate from the group.

•  R-1 visa enables religious workers to temporarily enter the United States . A religious vocation is defined as a calling to religious life, shown by a demonstration of a lifelong commitment; for instance, taking vows. Nuns, monks, and religious brothers and sisters are examples of religious workers.

•  TN visa under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), certain citizens of Canada and Mexico are eligible to enter the U.S. under the nonimmigrant TN status. The TN Visa enables Canadian and Mexican citizens to temporarily work in U.S. in a NAFTA-approved professional occupation. TN status can be granted for a period of one year. TN status can be renewed annually, as long as the applicant can show that the proposed stay continues to be of a temporary nature. The following are the requirements to be eligible for the TN Visa:

  • The profession must be on the NAFTA list.
  • The foreign national must possess the necessary education or training for that profession.
  • The proposed position must be classified as a professional position.
  • The foreign national must work for a U.S. employer.

•  E3 visa is a United States visa for which only citizens of Australia are eligible. It was created by an Act of Congress in the aftermath of the friendly but tough negotiations on the U.S.-Australia Free Trade Agreement (AUSFTA), although it is not formally a part of the AUSFTA. The legislation creating the E-3 visa was signed into law by President Bush on May 11, 2005.

•  E-2 Treaty Investor visa is based around treaty agreements America maintains between certain countries. The E2 Visa is issued to the foreign nationals of these treaty countries on the basis the visa holder is entering America for the sole purpose of developing and managing business enterprise with which they have a vested interest in. As such, to qualify for this visa the applicant must have invested or plans to invest in the near future a substantial amount of capital within America . To be eligible, you must:

  1. Be from a country with a treaty agreement with America ; Click to see list of countries that have a treaty:
  2. Provide substantial investment;
  3. Be planning to establish an active business enterprise;
  4. Be in a role which is managerial or supervisory in nature; and the investment must be committed.

Serving Clients across the United States and Worldwide Since 1987

Sukkar & Associates
6067 Hollywood Boulevard
Suite 360
Hollywood, FL 33024
(954) 922-2836  (877) 785-2738
Free Consultations and Bilingual Services Available


At the law firm of Sukkar & Associates, we provide skilled guidance and effective legal representation concerning U.S. immigration to clients throughout the United States and across the world. The Central Florida and South Florida areas we serve include the counties of Broward, Hillsborough, Manatee, Miami-Dade, Palm Beach, Pasco, and Pinellas, and the communities of Boca Raton, Clearwater, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Miami, Orlando, Palm Beach, St. Petersburg, Tampa, and West Palm Beach.

© Copyright 2016, Sukkar & Associates. All rights reserved. Immigration Lawyer Fort Lauderdale