At Sukkar & Associates we want you to be ready if and when immigration reform is passed. If you want us to notify you when a new law is passed, send us a message and indicate you want us to email you with updates to see if you are eligible for benefits. At Sukkar & Associates we want you to be ready if and when immigration reform is passed. If you want us to notify you when a new law is passed, send us a message and indicate you want us to email you with updates to see if you are eligible for benefits.
WARNING: Do not be deceived. A proposed law (bill) does not become law until both the House and the Senate pass the bill. The House and the Senate make up Congress. If the bill passes in Congress it then goes to the President to sign it. If he signs it then it becomes law but NOT effective until the immigration service issues regulations and procedures. Do not pay anyone to file anything for you before a law is passed as it is not certain what the requirements will be until the immigration service issues their regulations.
You can help us help you now by keep good records of your physical presence in the United States. Records such as:
- Utility Bills
- Medical Records
- School Records (attend a class or two) so you can get a school I.D.
- Get a copy of all your children’s school records
- Get a valid Passport or ID from your Consulate
- Airline Tickets from arrival to US and trips within US trips (boarding passes)
Do Not Use Fake Names use only the name on your Birth Certificate. Using other names creates tremendous delays for you during your immigration case.
Original Documents from your country
- Get original Birth Certificates + Marriage Certificates + Divorce Decree + Death Certificates, etc.
- If you have a criminal record, obtain your Arrest Records and Court Dispositions Get only Certified Copies.
- Free classes.
- The reform may have a one or two stage process and it may require some English competency.
Pay Your Taxes
- If you don’t have a social security number get a ITIN from the IRS when you file taxes. Submit Form W-7 with your tax return. Hire only reputable accountants to file your taxes.
- Approximate filing fees for future legislation $2,000-$5,000 per person.
- File any relative petitions that you may qualify for even a 4th Preference petition. You will also pay the fees that are in place today ($355) and not the higher fee later.
Preparing for the Dream Act Likely requirements may be
- Arrived to the U.S. at age 15 or 16 or younger.
- Lived in US for at least 5 years since arrival.
- Obtained a High School diploma or G.E.D. in the U.S.
Get In Touch
At the law firm of Sukkar & Associates, we provide skilled guidance and effective legal representation concerning U.S. immigration to clients throughout the United States and across the world.