At Sukkar & Associates, we guide you through the complex process of permanent residency. You can qualify for residency (green card) through either a close family member, an offer of employment or investment in the U.S. We work with you to determine the best strategy for you. The green card process can take as little as 6 months (for residency through a U.S. citizen spouse) or 4 years (for residency through some employment based categories).
This is only an overview of each process. You should consult us to determine the best
course for you and your family.
Family based residency
- Unlimited Immediate Relatives of US Citizens: A spouse, widow or unmarried child under the age or 21 of a US citizen. This category also includes parents of adult US citizens
- Then there are FOUR preference categories for limited family-based immigration. There could be significant waiting periods before permanent residency is granted in these categories:
- First Preference: Unmarried children over the age of 21 of US citizens
- Second Preference: 2A—Spouses of lawful permanent residents, their unmarried children under 21
- Second Preference: 2B—Unmarried sons and daughters of permanent residents who are 21 and older
- Third Preference: Married children of US citizens
- Fourth Preference: Siblings of adult US citizens
At the law firm of Sukkar & Associates, we provide skilled guidance and effective legal representation concerning U.S. immigration to clients throughout the United States and across the world.