(954) 922-2836 info@sukkarlaw.com
Employment Based Green Card

Green Card

Through Investment

At Sukkar & Associates, we guide you through the complex process of permanent residency. You can qualify for residency (green card) through either a close family member, an offer of employment or investment in the U.S. We work with you to determine the best strategy for you. The green card process can take as little as 6 months (for residency through a U.S. citizen spouse) or 4 years (for residency through some employment based categories).

This is only an overview of each process. You should consult us to determine the best
course for you and your family.

  • PERM (labor certification) is the first step to permanent residency in the Eb-2 or Eb-3 categories described below. The Department of Labor (DOL) allows an employer to hire a foreign worker to work permanently in the United States. In most instances, before the U.S. employer can submit an immigration petition to the immigration service, the employer must obtain an approved labor certification request from the DOL’s Employment and Training Administration (ETA). The DOL must certify to the USCIS that there are no qualified U.S. workers able, willing, qualified and available to accept the job at the prevailing wage for that occupation in the area of intended employment and that employment of the alien will not adversely affect the wages and working conditions of similarly employed U.S. workers.

Some of the Employment-Based Residency Categories:

  • EB-1 classification includes: Multinational Executive or Manager of a Company Link to Investment based residency and individuals with extraordinary ability in the arts, sciences, education, business or athletics; to outstanding professors or researchers.
  • EB-2 classification includes: Professionals with Advanced Degrees or Persons with Exceptional Ability. Applicants are “members of the professions holding advanced degrees or their equivalent” and those “who because of their exceptional ability in the sciences, arts, or business will substantially benefit the national economy, cultural, or educational interests or welfare of the United States.”
  • EB-3 classification includes: Aliens with at least two years of experience as skilled workers; Professionals with a baccalaureate degree; and other workers with less than two years experience, such as an unskilled worker who can perform labor for which qualified workers are not available in the United States. You should be aware that a long waiting period exists for residency in this category.

Get In Touch

6030 Hollywood Blvd., Suite 240, Hollywood, FL 33024

(954) 922-2836


At the law firm of Sukkar & Associates, we provide skilled guidance and effective legal representation concerning U.S. immigration to clients throughout the United States and across the world.

Contact Us


6030 Hollywood Blvd., Suite 240, Hollywood, FL 33024